Picture - Compliments of Bing
I love trying out new recipes. From other food bloggers, from my family and friends, and also from celebrity chefs.
I can personally tell you, that this "baked shrimp scampi" from Ina Garten - "ROCKS"!!
I have just a few very small alterations after making it for the first time last Christmas and I will share with you below. I always, but always follow the recipe exactly as it is written the first time. Then, if needed, I will adjust to my taste accordingly.
Here is the link - Ina Garten Baked Shrimp Scampi
Seriouly a killer recipe!
And here, as promised are my very small alterations;
1. I use extra large frozen, cleaned shrimp with tails on,
(thawed), then I butterfly them - much CHEAPER!
2. I use the zest of the entire lemon.
3. I use the juice of the entire lemon.
4. I use as much fresh parsley as my hand grabs. In other words,
if I happen to grab, 1/4 of a cup or 1/3 of a cup of fresh parsley,
then that is what gets minced and thrown in.
5. I DO NOT add the juices of the marinade over the shrimp
prior to adding the topping. I found it became watery after
6. I bake the shrimp for 15-20 minutes till nice and crispy. The
topping helps prevent the shrimp from over cooking.
As I said, a killer recipe that will go beautifuly with any setting or table. This is definitely on my "MUST HAVE" list for my get togethers.
So if you are looking for easy and amazingly delicious appetizer ideas, please make sure you try this one!
Till next time!
Dishin with Didi